- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must pass an extensive background investigation (no felonies, domestic violence related offenses, or crimes of moral turpitude)
- Must be able to work various shifts
- Experience in radio dispatching is preferred.
- Must have computer knowledge with at least 35 words per minute.
- Must be able to handle multiple phone lines and responses.
- Multi-taking and multi-functional skills a must, and must have the ability to prioritize.
- Successful completion of OLETS/NCIC training for certification and In-house training.
- Leadership and good team working skills.
- Ability to clearly enunciate all conversations and messages.
- Ability to communicate effectively and make split-second decisions in high stress life and death situations.
- Successful completion and continuing certification for state communications standards and state detention standards.