The City of Weatherford enforces the following adopted codes:
• International Building Code 2018 Edition as modified by OUBCC – all construction for other than one or two family dwellings
• International Residential Code 2015 Edition as modified by OUBCC – one and two family dwellings – construction, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical
• International Existing Building Code 2018 Edition as modified by OUBCC
• International Fuel Gas Code 2018 Edition as modified by OUBCC
• International Mechanical Code 2018 Edition as modified by OUBCC
• International Plumbing Code 2018 Edition as modified by OUBCC – all plumbing other than one and two family dwellings
• National Electric Code 2017 NEC as modified by OUBCC
• International Fire Code (IFC) 2018 edition to include appendices B, C, D, F, G, H, I
• International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) 2018 Edition
• NFPA 1- Fire Code 2015 Edition
• NFPA 101-Life Safety Code 2015 Edition
Modifications to all codes can be seen on the OUBCC website or obtained from the License and Permit Office at Weatherford City Hall.
The Inspection Department issues all building, electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits and inspects all phases of construction, reconstruction and alterations in addition to registering all electrical, mechanical and plumbing contractors.
All Planning and Zoning and Board of Adjustment meetings are facilitated through the Inspection Department.
Alcohol, Eating and Drinking, Taxi, Alarm, Pawnbroker, Private Fire Line, and Solicitor permits are handled by the Inspection Department.
Property abatements and dilapidations are done by the Inspection Department.